Monday, August 6, 2012

Lifestyle Photography

I'm always inspired by other photographers and I do quite a lot of research to see what others are doing.  I've never been the type to go with the crowd, and I'm always looking for my own way to do things.  Lately, I feel like I've been losing "me" in my photography.  I'm trying to start a business so I would like to get the images the clients want, and to me, that's usually smiling happy perfect pictures.  I just feel like I'm trying too hard for shots that I think other people will think is different and unique. 

Then, I came across a blog post by a wonderful photographer that I've been following for a while, Michelle Black  (www.michelleblackconcepts.blogspot.com).  She's been doing these "life style" photo shoots where she just hangs out with a family for one morning and shoots what they do on a regular day.  I was immediately in love with this idea.   I use this same technique when photographing my family on vacation, or on holidays, but I never thought to actually offer it as a service to other families. 

The other day, I helped my mom babysit my nieces and thought I'd take my camera over and see if I can get a couple of shots in this "life style" .. well.. style!  The following is what I came up with.  I'm not sure if I'm going to add this to my list of services just yet, but if you like this idea and would like to give it a try with your family, let me know!

Thanks for Reading!

-Kristy :)






I gave Roar a pop-tart :/ oops...


bath time!



these curls kill me...


walk before bed...


No comments:

Post a Comment